Monday, January 2, 2012

Onward, forward!

Well so far it's 0-2. I do have high hopes for tomorrow though!! Today has been successful in many little ways, although I blew the "good day" idea overall. I went for a brisk, 75-minute walk among the hills and dales of NW Calgary and ate a delicious, healthy shake for breakfast. Sadly I overslept this AM, so I lost on that score, but tomorrow is a new day and here's hoping my lazy butt gets in gear for Jan 3!

I invented said smoothie with ingredients at hand...mostly yummy, very healthy and a great way to boost my energy for said trek. Here is the recipe (invented on the spot) if you'd like it, but please note I am not a cook who measures very well, so yours might be a bit different ;)

Snappy Blueberry Smoothie

1 cup frozen, wild blueberries
1 cup organic yogurt
1 cup sugar-snap peas
1-2 Tbsp agave syrup (if you can take the sourness of the yogurt, then skip this!)
11/2 cups of ice
11/2-2 cups water

Blend until well mixed (I used my lovely new vitamix!)

Enjoy! This makes about 3 medium-large smoothies (you can tell I’m from a large family...lol), so I need to scale it down if I make this next time. Try halving it perhaps for two smaller ones.

Have a great rest of your day and here’s to a new one tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment