Thursday, January 5, 2012

Enough is Enough!

I don’t know why, but I have this problem. It’s ridiculous, really….but it’s a problem none-the-less. I believe it’s called “portion control” or something along those lines. Good grief. You might as well call it “damage control” because I just can’t seem to get the hang of the “control” aspect of it, and trust me. No control = damage. When I think something’s yummy, my tongue keeps screaming “the more the merrier!” and does this screaming so virulently that I can’t seem to drown out the yells with common sense like: “do you REALLY need that extra scoop, piece, bar, PAN?” Common sense never seems to win out until my tummy does it’s own screaming “OUCH! How big do I look?” and then, not so kindly, the mirror answers honestly and then I go and moan in bed about how I never want to see food again.

It seems like an endless cycle, and although my sweetest of husbands has nothing but loving words to say, it’s about me. Inside. There’s a problem.

Something inside tells me if I don’t eat it now, it might not be there later. “Sacrifice your body for the food!” seems to be the call my mind makes. This is deeply distressing to me, because I KNOW that’s not true! I live in Canada for heaven’s sake! I can purchase and have at my disposal, an entire house of food, if it really came down to it. I really covet your prayers, advice…and anything else you can give to me. Thank you in advance.

On notes of interesting liquids for the body, I created my version of a drink from Whole Living Magazine, (a great magazine by the way, usually with lots of great recipes, articles and whole living ideas). Their recipe was for a juicer, but I used my vitamix and cheesecloth, so I made it slightly different. Isaac liked it in its original form (not having gone through the cheesecloth yet), but as I am not for “odd textures”, I found the juice much more palatable.

Carrot Grapefruit Ginger Juice
2 grapefruits, halved, peeled and cored
5 carrots, stems removed and cut into 2-3 inch long pieces
1 inch piece of gingerroot
½ cup water (more if you’d like)
½ cup ice (to make it cold….lol a huge pet peeve of mine!)
Blend until thoroughly blended.
Pour bit by bit over cheesecloth (I used a mason jar and attached the cheesecloth with an elastic round the top…worked pretty well!) until only juice is left.

Very spicy and energizing. Enjoy!

I won’t post a pic tonight, as I need to get some shut eye. I’ll try to remember to add it to tomorrow’s.

Night!

Robyn
1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment